How To Help Fondant Dry Quicker

Decorating By fionamarie22 Updated 29 Oct 2014 , 10:46pm by maybenot

fionamarie22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fionamarie22 Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 5

AHi, this is my first post here....had a quick look and couldn't see any similar posts but I apologise if I've missed them.

I have some fondant shapes etc that need to be dry in the next 24hrs. My house is very humid so they won't dry by just leaving them out. I saw somewhere about putting them in the oven with just the light on but I don't have the option to do that with my oven. Any help would be amazing!

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
Annie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie8 Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 5

Do you have Tylose you can add to the fondant before you form the pieces?  It doesn't take much. Maybe turn a fan on to keep the air circulating around it.

fionamarie22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fionamarie22 Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 5

AHi, I've already got the pieces made and no time to re-do them unfortunately. I will try a fan though! Thanks!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 5

Try putting them on a frying pan spatter screen, and put the fan on them or put them in the oven.  The spatter screen makes a good quickie fondant dryer for flat pieces.

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 5

If they're straight fondant, it's unlikely that they will have dried all the way through in 24hrs., no matter what fan or light is put on them.  They will "crust" on the outside pretty well, but will not be dry at the center.  It's the addition of tylose/cmc/gum tex that allows fondant to harden and dry through with the addition of heat and/or circulating air.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%