How Would You Go About Doing This One?

Decorating By sweetneice Updated 30 Oct 2014 , 12:22am by Annie8

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 1:23am
post #1 of 8

HEY ALL! Ok, soooo, I want to do this cake for a HUGE event and I think this would be perfect but Im not quite sure if this is hand rolled fondant beads of different sizes or The pearls you buy and attach. What do you think it is and how do I attach it without whatever I use showing on the cake? Any suggestions on how to do this cake would be awesome! I almost think it would be easier to buy the little pearls and attach it rather than roll them. Any help on how to do this cake would be appreciated! Thank you!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpHJYhGAYNXuzRMupvLN6mb3h3DaSU53vrJLbh_KFMbx13oiGnMA

7 replies
Annie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie8 Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 1:38am
post #2 of 8

I always buy my pearls.  I don't have the patience to make them myself.  If the cake is covered in fondant, a little edible glue or piping gel I would think would get them to stick.  It's worked for me, but I haven't had the amount as this cake has.  Maybe someone else will have a better idea, though!

goodvibrations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodvibrations Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 2:32am
post #3 of 8

I've always purchased premade pearls and attached to fondant with a tiny bit of piping gel.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 2:35am
post #4 of 8

Thank you so MUCH! I don't even know why I didn't think of the piping gel!!! LOL! I definitely think I will find some pearls of different sizes and purchase them. If anyone has ideas on where to purchase different sizes It would be appreciated! Thanks again Annie8! It makes it seem so much easier to me now! lol

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 8

Just a warning, I've seen this cake on the threads before and the experienced decorators say it literally take HOURS to attach all those pearls. Since you said a HUGE event, I have a feeling this will take awhile in case you were trying to schedule to time to make the cake. 

goodvibrations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 10:41pm
post #7 of 8

AI think there's a thread to where people suspected it may have been royal icing piped.

Annie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie8 Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 12:22am
post #8 of 8

Sweetwise has 3 different sizes, Global Sugar Art has a few sizes, I've found them on Amazon, too, but I usually try to stick with a place I'm familiar with for cake supplies.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%