Cottage Food Laws...

Business By Abbie2000 Updated 27 Oct 2014 , 5:25pm by Abbie2000

Abbie2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abbie2000 Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 1:21am
post #1 of 4

Hi,

I live in Springfield, Mo (Greene County) and I was wondering if anyone knows the Cottage food laws..

Thanks,

Abbie

3 replies
goodvibrations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodvibrations Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 1:50am
post #2 of 4

Missouri

A new law (SB 525) went into effect on August 28th, 2014 that allows cottage food operations across the state. Previously, a few counties in Missouri allowed cottage food operations, even though there was no statewide law.

Under this law, individuals can only sell their products directly to consumers, which includes sales from home and at events. They can only sell baked goods, jams, jellies, and dry herbs, which is relatively limited compared to other states. Cottage food operations can sell up to $50,000 of products per year.

Although the law is somewhat limited, it’s a big improvement over the sporadic county ordinances that Missouri’s had in the past.

http://forrager.com/law/missouri/

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie2000 

Hi,

I live in Springfield, Mo (Greene County) and I was wondering if anyone knows the Cottage food laws..

Thanks,

Abbie

If you want to set up a legal business, I strongly suggest you read this to understand the disclaimers (which can be a bit confusing). And then speak with an inspector from your county health department. Good luck!

Abbie2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abbie2000 Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 4

Okay Thanks!! 

I'll read it and think about it and call sometime.

Thanks,

Abbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%