Best Gluten Free Chocolate Cake

Baking By emily42897 Updated 28 Oct 2014 , 11:35am by emily42897

emily42897 Posted 24 Oct 2014 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 3

I just feel like I want to share this recipe with others as I have had consistently great results from this.  I cannot figure out how to submit a recipe to this site.

Anyway, it's gluten free chocolate cake and it's one of the best cakes I have ever had. It's a little dense, very moist, and easy to convert for me (I normally use the original WASC recipe for decorating).  You cannot taste the pumpkin in this, it just makes it deliciously moist and more like "real" cake.

Gluten Free Chocolate Cake

by emily 42897

1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free chocolate cake mix

1/3 cup sugar

4 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1/3 sticks softened butter

1/3 cup sour cream

dash salt

10 oz. (2/3 of 15 oz can) pure pumpkin

Mix all ingredients together for 30 seconds on medium speed, then turn to high speed (or medium high for stand mixer) and mix for another 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans.  I bake at 330 degrees. 

I have had people who don't have to eat gluten free tell me this was the best cake they have ever had.  

2 replies
Annie8 Posted 24 Oct 2014 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 3

Thanks for sharing! I've not submitted a recipe before so can't help you there, but glad to hear it is a good one! Looking forward to trying it.

emily42897 Posted 28 Oct 2014 , 11:35am
post #3 of 3

You're welcome, Annie. I would love to hear what you think of it, so if you think of it, let me know. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%