Is It A Good Deal?

Decorating By manomi Updated 26 Oct 2014 , 3:15pm by reginaherrin

manomi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manomi Posted 24 Oct 2014 , 5:08am
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone,

So I have an opportunity to buy a Canon PIXMA iP6000D Photo Printer  Plus $175.00 worth edible Ink (from icing images) for $250 (brand new) DO you think its a good deal? Also is this a good printer to get or should i look for something else? I don't do a lot of birthday cakes... Mainly weddings; so not sure how often I will be using it.

Thanks in advance for any input :)

8 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 24 Oct 2014 , 9:39am
post #2 of 9

manomi, without knowing where you live it is impossible to say whether this is a good deal or not.

manomi Posted 24 Oct 2014 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 9

I am in California, US.. Is the price different in different states?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Oct 2014 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 9

That printer model is on Amazon for $369.  Sure you've got the right model number?  If so, then, yes, that's a good deal.

manomi Posted 24 Oct 2014 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 9

Yes, I just copy pasted the model number. Thanks LEah...Is it a good printer as far as edible printers go?

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 25 Oct 2014 , 3:24am
post #6 of 9

Manomi I couldn't possibly know if the price is different from state to state but what you need to keep in mind is that this site is frequented by people from all over the world, not just the US, and so the price can vary enormously from country to country.

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 25 Oct 2014 , 3:41am
post #7 of 9

I bought a edible printer a few years ago and spent about that much (or a bit more) on the printer, ink and paper thinking it would be a good investment so I wouldn't have to order edible pictures anymore and it should be cheaper for me in the long run.  The printer worked great and gave pictures so I was happy with it.  The only problem is that I rarely ever used it so I have never gotten my initial investment out if it.  And the longer you don't use it the more work you have to do on it to keep it clean and not let any ink dry and mess it up.  Now I don't use it at all because it has become so much trouble and I just order any edible pictures I need which again is just not that many.  So if you plan to use it often that I would say it would be a great buy and go for it.  If you don't plan to use it often then I would say it will turn out to be a waste of money.   

manomi Posted 25 Oct 2014 , 7:28am
post #8 of 9

Thanks reginaherrin! Great advise..I think I'd just stick to ordering online if I ever need one..Do you use icing images for that?

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 3:15pm
post #9 of 9

I used to use them but luckily now there is a cake supply store that I go to that will print up any picture on site which I am so happy about.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%