Vanilla Flavor Almond Milk On Cake Recipe

Decorating By Cupcakegirl2005 Updated 21 Oct 2014 , 6:38pm by Donnawb

Cupcakegirl2005 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 9

AI was wondering has anyone ever tried vanilla almond milk instead of regular milk in a cake recipe and if so how did it turn out

8 replies
cakebaby2 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 9

I'm assuming by your avatar you may be UK? Almond milk is not cows milk...and vanilla flavoured non dairy is another beast entirely. I suggest you google the implications of vegan based "milk" in recipes that do not involve eggs butter milk yoghurt etc....on the other hand you sound a bit avante garde..whats the story?

Cupcakegirl2005 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 9

AI drank it and enjoy the flavor I was just wondering if anyone has bake with it, I'm from USA

cakebaby2 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 9

Yes its lovely but it does not perform in baking the way that a little cows milk does?

What are you making?

winniemog Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 9

AI've used almond milk in a chocolate mud cake with hazelnut meal. It had to be dairy, soy and gluten free. I actually thought the almond milk enhanced the nut flavour in the cake. It wasn't vanilla flavoured almond milk though! It certainly behaved like a cow's milk in that recipe, no issues. I was really surprised at how delicious it was, I'm a bit old-fashioned with cakes and don't generally love "special diet" cake recipes. I'm from Australia though, our almond milk might be different to yours.

Mimimakescakes Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 9

I'm with winniemog, I too have used almond milk as a substitute in mud cake , I usually use coconut milk but thought I would try the almond for something different. It was lovely. However Aussie mudcakes are pretty bombproof when it comes to mucking around with the recipe. I get all sorts of dietary requests these days so am always experimenting. 

cakebaby2 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 9:09pm
post #7 of 9

Lovely in veggie / vegan recipes just wasn't sure what magic OP wanted in a Viccie Sponge lol 

Cupcakegirl2005 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 9:11pm
post #8 of 9

ACupcakes

Donnawb Posted 21 Oct 2014 , 6:38pm
post #9 of 9

I love to drink vanilla almond milk.  I've used it in buttercream frosting, but haven't baked with it.  I didn't care for the flavor it gave my buttercream.  It was too much of a "nutty" flavor for me.  Although, when I drink it, I don't feel that it has a huge nut flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%