Cookies 2 Weeks In Advance

Decorating By Claire138 Updated 20 Oct 2014 , 8:04pm by Claire138

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make cookies for a client who will be flying with them 2 weeks in advance of the party (it's the only time she can come). What is the best way to keep them fresh, they will be individually packed and closed. Will that be enough?

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 7

what kind of cookies -- i would not look forward to serving/eating two week old cookies unless they were held in a freezer

Claire138 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 7

Regular cookies,

1 cup marg
1 cup granulated sugar
1 lrg egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups flour - all purpose flour, plus extra for rolling out dough.

For the record, I agree with you but my client is insistent that they will stay fresh. I just don't like the idea of it bc I'm sure they won't so figured I'd come on here and ask the experts.

If I tell her to freeze them, how should it be done? They will have fondant decorations on them.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 7

Hi Claire! Packaging to keep air out is the best way to ensure a longer shelf life. Lining the box or tin with foil can help.

Claire138 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 7

Ah that's interesting Mimi, thanks. Think it could stretch to 2 weeks though? She swears that last time she ordered cookies (not from me) they last 2 months just sitting out and got rock hard (I'd have thought they'd have gone soft)? So she figures 2 weeks is nothing in cookies shelf life.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 7:54pm
post #6 of 7

Your customer seems to be quite insistent. Every recipe is different, but two weeks should be fine if the cookies are in air-tight packaging. Every year my baking group makes holiday cookie trays as a fundraiser for our regional food bank - and all the cookies last at least three weeks.

Claire138 Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks again, you have eased my mind:smile:  Think I'll warn her again though that I can't guarantee freshness.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%