Goshhhh!!! What Happened To My Cookies ?? :-(

Decorating By jumjum Updated 21 Oct 2014 , 6:15pm by jumjum

jumjum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jumjum Posted 19 Oct 2014 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 6

AHi everyone,

I made some sugar cookies for my newphews birthday party today...and omg they look BAD! I'm so sad :-(.....

I decorated with royal icing and painted the details with vodka/gel colors.. I let them dry yesterday all day long and put them in clear bags... went to bed and oh surprise I wake up and I have a complete disaster.

What went wrong?? Could it have been the bags?? The weather maybe?

I dont want this to happen again. Here are the before and after pics TIA

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3296253/width/200/height/400[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3296255/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

5 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 19 Oct 2014 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry! My only guess is that it was the condensation from being inside the bag.  The gel color may not have dried long enough before it was placed inside the bag.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 3:53am
post #3 of 6

I've had the same issue with painting on royal icing, and I didn't have mine in bags at all. I'd like to hear if anyone has had success with it.

I wonder if royal needs to be super dry before painting on it. I had left mine a few hours - they were dry to touch, but probably still wet underneath.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 6:39am
post #4 of 6

instead of painting those details get a size 1 & 1.5 PME supatube tip and pipe them on with royal icing.

jumjum Posted 21 Oct 2014 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 6

A

Original message sent by mcaulir

I've had the same issue with painting on royal icing, and I didn't have mine in bags at all. I'd like to hear if anyone has had success with it.

I wonder if royal needs to be super dry before painting on it. I had left mine a few hours - they were dry to touch, but probably still wet underneath.

I thought my royal was completly dry...I let it dry almost 24 hours before I painted them.. The weird thing as it only bleed were the bag touched the cookie.

jumjum Posted 21 Oct 2014 , 6:15pm
post #6 of 6

A

Original message sent by MBalaska

instead of painting those details get a size 1 & 1.5 PME supatube tip and pipe them on with royal icing.

Thanks for the tip MB ... I'm going to have to start doing all the details in RI ...I just wonder how long they let their sugar cookies dry when painted?? :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%