Can Anyone Recommend A Ready-Made Buttercream To Purchase?

Decorating By linaboo2014 Updated 20 Oct 2014 , 4:15am by Magic Mouthfuls

linaboo2014 Posted 19 Oct 2014 , 12:57am
post #1 of 6

I've been asked to make a wedding cake (fall of 2015) and would like to purchase ready made buttercream (ready to use).  Any recommendations?  Country white buttercream?  Suggestions?

5 replies
-K8memphis Posted 19 Oct 2014 , 1:33am
post #2 of 6

what color is country white? off white?

and what country are you in?

-K8memphis Posted 19 Oct 2014 , 3:21am
post #3 of 6

Ai'm sure the kind sold by your local cake shop would/should be fine -- if i or anyone give you a specific brand we need to know what country/area you're in for that brand name to be pertinent to you --

if you need an off white you can use Wilton ivory color to make a beautiful off-white icing --

i realized me asking what is country white and what country you're in needed some explanation -- the two questions were unrelated to each other --

kakeladi Posted 19 Oct 2014 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 6

In over 5 or so yrs I had my bakery I never found a good one :(

I suggest you make it.  You can make a batch a day and put it in a BIG bucket to save.  This can be done up to 3 weeks ahead of needing it.  Once you have as much as you need (in separate batches, all in the bucket) stir it together OR fill you mixer bowl as full as you can get it, mix for 5 minutes, then return to bucket until you have mixed it all together.

Here is a great recipe to use:  http://www.cakecentral.com/a/2-icing

momtojam Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 3:41am
post #5 of 6

I just did 300 cupckes and cake topper for son's wedding and purchased a pail of butercream frosting from Sam's Club.  First time using it and I was very pleased

Magic Mouthfuls Posted 20 Oct 2014 , 4:15am
post #6 of 6

I've used CK Buttercream (in black) and Duncan Heinz Frosting and Betty Crocker Frosting (in pure white, I colour using gel pastes) - all imported into Australia so I am guessing made in USA.   My least favourite is Betty Crocker - it appears a bit sloppier and not as nice texture or taste for my palate.

All taste extremely sweet and very vanilla - like ABC but without the gritty texture.  (The cream cheese flavour is untrue and boring).

For cupcakes they all pipe extremely well and set firmer than SMBC.  For under fondant, they "crusted" sufficiently in the fridge and worked well under the fondant.

They are shelf stable (no fridge) when un-opened, so you can purchase ahead of time.  By memory I think they might also be dairy free and gluten free.

If adding colour, you will loose some air (volume decreases) but you can rewhip in your electric mixer using the paddle beater to increase the volume.  The added air helps it set quicker. 

100% my preference is real SMBC (swiss meringue buttercream) for far superior taste and texture but these offer a diary free and pure white alternative if you need it.

Best wishes for your wedding creation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%