Vanilla And Yellow Cake Dense Recipe? ?

Baking By dyasia87 Updated 15 Oct 2014 , 3:01am by Pastrybaglady

dyasia87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyasia87 Posted 14 Oct 2014 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 4

AHi guys!!! Does anyone have a great dense cake recipe for yellow cake or just a nice moist vanilla cake???? Thanks in advance! !

3 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 2:12am
post #2 of 4

There are soooo many "Perfect Vanilla Cupcake/Cake" recipes!  You just have to dive in and give different ones a try.  I've tried many and slogged through some epic failures until I found my vanilla cake "husband".  If you want a cake that feels and tastes like a box mix without the box, From Scratch SF's is the standard for good reason.  Since you mentioned specifically a dense and moist cake I'll offer up my favorite in that category.  It also carves wonderfully.  I add one teaspoon of almond extract for a little extra something:

http://thecafesucrefarine.com/2014/07/best-ever-vanilla-cupcakes-and-buttercream-icing/

Good luck!

dyasia87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyasia87 Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 2:31am
post #3 of 4

AThanks! !! But what is sf's?? Do you know how many cupcakes that make??? Also are there any others you suggest

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 15 Oct 2014 , 3:00am
post #4 of 4

AYou actually have to purchase the one from From Scratch SF. Google best or perfect vanilla cake and you'll find a ton of recipes. Like I said before there's no getting around doing the work yourself in the kitchen. The recipe makes two dozen cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%