Black Fondant

Decorating By Crazylovecon13 Updated 30 Oct 2014 , 1:37am by jessiecakes1983

Crazylovecon13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazylovecon13 Posted 12 Oct 2014 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 10

I need to make perfectly black fondant...Does anyone have a sure fire way (besides pre-made) to get a true black fondant using Ideale Powder colors from Albert Uster? Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

9 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 13 Oct 2014 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 10

AI use powder first and go as dark as possible (mixing the powder with the liquid when making the fondant). Then I use Wilton black gel, knead it well and rest. After 30-60mins it's completely black. Don't know why, but my red and black sort of takes time to develop..

jessiecakes1983 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessiecakes1983 Posted 28 Oct 2014 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 10

AHi,

I know it takes forever to colour fondant black, I'm in the Uk and find the quickest, easiest way is to airbrush it but it just depends if you've got one or not? x

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 28 Oct 2014 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiecakes1983 

Hi,

I know it takes forever to colour fondant black, I'm in the Uk and find the quickest, easiest way is to airbrush it but it just depends if you've got one or not? x

Agreed.

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 28 Oct 2014 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 10

I make Marshmallow Fondant.  When I melt the marshmallow I also melt black candy melts.  Once I have both melted I mix them together and then add some black gel color.  This will make it really black without having to use alot of color.  I do this for red fondant also.

jessiecakes1983 Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 12:33am
post #6 of 10

AThanks Claire :)

Ropalma aww thank you and will def have to give it a go soon :) x

emy fadel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emy fadel Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 1:13am
post #7 of 10

AI'm wondering which is better anyway the powder colorings or the gel??

jessiecakes1983 Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 1:20am
post #8 of 10

AHi Emy,

Sugarflair gels or Wilton gels etc but the powders are used mainly for dusting flowers or to make a paste so that you can paint onto cakes with usually vodka but it'd be such a waste cos they aren't cheap so just stick to gels or air brush if you have got one but the gels you can use to colour the fondant, make gumpaste models, flowers etc and mix to make the different coloured sponges and buttercreams :) x

emy fadel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emy fadel Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 1:32am
post #9 of 10

A

Original message sent by jessiecakes1983

Hi Emy,

Sugarflair gels or Wilton gels etc but the powders are used mainly for dusting flowers or to make a paste so that you can paint onto cakes with usually vodka but it'd be such a waste cos they aren't cheap so just stick to gels or air brush if you have got one but the gels you can use to colour the fondant, make gumpaste models, flowers etc and mix to make the different coloured sponges and buttercreams :) x

Thanks for your reply :-) But can I paint with gel colors also??? Excuse me l'm a veryyyyy newbie in cake decorating :(

jessiecakes1983 Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 1:37am
post #10 of 10

AAnytime Emy, hope it helps :)

x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%