Which Color Should I Do First?

Baking By emetz74 Updated 12 Oct 2014 , 7:52pm by winniemog

emetz74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emetz74 Posted 11 Oct 2014 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 6

I am making apple cookies for my colleagues and some have a "bite" taken out of them. I do not want the red from the apples to bleed with the white from the bites so I was wondering which I should do first. I thought the white but I want to be sure. Thanks for any help you can offer!

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Oct 2014 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 6

i see what you mean -- i would color the top and side edges of the cookie apple red and leave the bite plain uniced cookie -- so red icing all over includign the edges except the bite is plain cookie

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Oct 2014 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 6

you gonna pop a stick in some of them and dip them in caramel and nuts? actually just smear on some caramel not really dip them --

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 11 Oct 2014 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 6

ASo you want a red cookie with a bite into the white flesh exposed?

Just pipe a border around each part of the cookie, I would probably flood the white first, let it set up, and then flood the red part. But I'm no cookie genius!

Love K8's idea of caramel and nuts though....

emetz74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emetz74 Posted 12 Oct 2014 , 10:54am
post #5 of 6

A bite in to the red flesh is exactly what I want to do but I love the caramel idea too. Now, I am conflicted. Maybe I will try both. Thanks!

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 12 Oct 2014 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 6

AYou could do a mix of both cookie types, or you could add the caramel to your iced cookies, putting the caramel in the opposite corner to the bite. Yum, K8, you're killing me, now I want caramel for breakfast!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%