Suggest A Few Specialty Cupcake Flavors/recipes Please

Baking By mmhassa2 Updated 9 Oct 2014 , 5:58pm by BeesKnees578

mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 9 Oct 2014 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 6

Looking to try out a few gourmet combinations of cupcakes for our own house party this weekend.  

So far came up with chocolate + hazelnut flavor

What else?  Maybe something for the older guests who prefer more "citrus/fruity flavors"

5 replies
oftheeicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oftheeicing Posted 9 Oct 2014 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 6

AFall flavors.... I steep some spiced chai tea in warm milk and sub that as liquid in my vanilla cake recipe and top it with a rum chata buttercream

oftheeicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oftheeicing Posted 9 Oct 2014 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 6

AAlso.... pumpkin cake with cream cheese buttercream, or a chocolate cake using spiced pumpkin coffee for the liquid and a pumpkin flavored buttercream.

mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 9 Oct 2014 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 6

Hmm pumpkin cake with cream cheese buttercream sounds yummy!  Could you share your recipe? Thanks

SkisandBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SkisandBakes Posted 9 Oct 2014 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 6

AIf you want citrusy try this one. http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Lemon-Lavender-Cupcakes I made them for my mom's b-day and they were awesome.

BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 9 Oct 2014 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 6

S'mores cupcakes are also nice for fall. 

Chocolate or Graham Cracker cake with whipped MILK chocolate ganache icing.  Take graham crackers and break the full cracker in half, like you would for a real smore.  Line them up on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.  Put a marshmallow on top and broil on low, higher rack in oven, for a few minutes until they are as toasted as you want them.  Watch carefully...it doesn't take long at all.  When they come out - they will be poofy - press a hunk of Hershey's chocolate down onto the marshmallow a little. DO NOT TOP with additional cracker!  Once they are completely cool, gently press s'more onto iced cupcake.

There are lots of recipes on here...go for the ones with the best reviews that state delicious taste with a low failure rate...some people swear by a recipe but it can be a total fail for another.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%