Icing + Left Over Crumbles + Bake = Cake?

Decorating By LizKatherine Updated 8 Oct 2014 , 9:33am by sannalee

LizKatherine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizKatherine Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 12:41am
post #1 of 7

I haven't seen this question posted, and I can't find any answers on google, so I figured I'd ask. I have a LOT of left over cake (lots of crumbles too) from a previous carved design. I know you can add icing and make cake balls, which I might do, but I am  also wondering if I can somehow make it into another cake? I must have like 4 tubs full of cake, lol. Answers appreciated :)  Thank you. 

6 replies
LizKatherine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizKatherine Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 12:44am
post #2 of 7

Or cupcakes or something other than cake pops. 

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 2:54am
post #3 of 7

I wonder if you could add a little fresh batter of a contrasting flavour (eg. if you have chocolate add vanilla) and bake it that way - people do it all the time with different shapes like circles etc in cake so I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a try.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 3:10am
post #4 of 7

You can easily do trifle cups or a big trifle bowl, bits of cake with sweetened flavored whipped cream, or smbc, & fresh fruit or pastry cream, or pudding.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 3:26am
post #5 of 7

I second MBalaska's suggestion.  Recently I used left-over frozen cake domes and frozen American buttercream and created a "bowl cake".  I used a large glass bowl and layered chocolate cake, peanut butter buttercream, chocolate cake, oreo buttercream, chocolate cake, and topped with ganache and chopped pecans.  I provided paper bowls and a large scoop and told everyone at the party to dig in. 

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 3:31am
post #6 of 7

Years ago before I knew how to bake a flat cake I had a lot of carrot cake tops from when I made my wedding cake.  I didn't want them to go to waste so I layered the tops with frosting and more tops in a pan and made it sort of flat on top with more icing on top.  I came up with some weird name to make it sound like it was fancy and everyone loved it at work.

sannalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sannalee Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 9:33am
post #7 of 7

The second use up scraps tip (second generation cake) talks about using scraps in a new cake mix.

http://www.wickedgoodies.net/2012/09/what-to-do-with-leftover-cake/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%