Fondant Crown Emergency!!!!!-

Decorating By itdoesntbatter Updated 7 Oct 2014 , 1:23pm by johnson6ofus

itdoesntbatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itdoesntbatter Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 1:22am
post #1 of 11

AHow in the world are these crowns made? I cant figure out what I should dry those strips on so they hold that round form. Please help[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3292418/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

10 replies
cake4court Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake4court Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 1:39am
post #2 of 11

a rolling pin or wads of paper maybe...

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 2:19am
post #3 of 11

Or make each "loop" separately and dry on it's side… then assembly with royal icing.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 2:51am
post #4 of 11

AAnd you definitely don't want to use fondant, unless you knead some tylose in to give it strength. Personally I'd be inclined to either use pastillage, and if not that, then I'd use gum paste. I'd then do exactly what johnsons described.

AZCouture Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 2:54am
post #5 of 11

AI hesitate to ask why it's an emergency, because hopefully this isn't for an order due anytime soon.

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 3:15am
post #6 of 11

the shape looks kind of like the handle of a mug to me!  I would try wrapping these around a mug handle to dry.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 3:44am
post #7 of 11

I enlarged that photo and that crown definitely has a wire through each curve. Maybe it's not even edible.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 3:57am
post #8 of 11

........... imagenthatnj is right.  There is a wire down the middle of each loop.

.......make each "loop" separately and dry on it's side… then assembly with royal icing..........

Make the loops separately and the bottom band. When dry (at least overnight!) assemble w/royal or melted white chocolate.

AZCouture Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 7:00am
post #9 of 11

AOhhhh, I see the wires now. Well, more than one way to skin a cat, I guess. Personally I wouldn't do it that way, but ok.

AZCouture Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 7:01am
post #10 of 11

AReally, what johnsons suggested is the easiest and quickest way.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 1:23pm
post #11 of 11

Can't imagine why you need the wire (hate them, as I can see some kid trying to bite in) unless you are just trying to get it done in one day. 

Just like the old loopy bow construction, just dry individual pieces. And if drying them on the side, you can use a template to keep the size and "loopyness" identical.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%