Mtc Software And The Cricut Cake

Decorating By Evoir Updated 13 Oct 2014 , 4:48am by Evoir

Evoir Posted 6 Oct 2014 , 4:59am
post #1 of 5

AHiya

Like many people, a few years ago I bought the CC and MTC software to create my own designs and cut them out using my CC.

If anyone is still doing the same thing, can you please help out with a problem I'm having?

Firstly, I got a new notebook, and used my original disc to load MTC onto my new computer. It all works fine...I have never updated it online so it is meant to still communicate fine with my CC.

I can use MTC to download jpegs and modify them to SG files etc and play around with them.

I am wanting to copy an invitation design for a private not-for-sale wedding cake (my brothers wedding). I've paid a pretty penny for both components so I'd like to get some more use out of them.

On hooking it up as normal, I've only managed to actually send the design successfully twice to cut it on the CC. I keep getting error messages and the CC keeps locking up.

The normal cartridges are working just fine.

I've tried restarting everything, changing serial ports, changing adaptor cables, different USB ports...nothing is helping.

I now suspect it might have something to do with software or firmware updates. So, if anyone has still been happily designing and cutting their designs using their CC and MTC software, can you please let me know what the current version number is for both your CC firmware and MTC software?

Do you have any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

I'm happy to receive pms or emails if you do not wish to reply to this thread.

Thanks in advance for any help.

4 replies
Dayti Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 5

Hi Evoir,

I bought Sure Cuts A Lot which is along the lines of MTC. I never updated SCAL or CC either. In theory, if it's been a while since you used them, and they worked together previously with no glitches, the only thing you have changed is the computer. I wonder if your newer notebook is not compatible/too intelligent in terms of operating system for the early version of MTC or CC?? MTC and CC might have been optimised for certain OS's but since then with any updates they would be modernized like computer OS's I would think.  I'm no computer geek but that would be the first thing that springs to mind. Not that I know how you could make it work though....all I know is don't update either of them. Can you go back to using your old computer just for this??

My CC is in the box...unused for about 3 years - we just didn't get along (I didn't/don't have the patience).

Evoir Posted 13 Oct 2014 , 4:47am
post #3 of 5

AHi Dayti. Thanks so much for your reply! I've tried it since with windows 7, Vista and even XP...no joy.

I will try updating the CC firmware if possible and see what happens. At this stage, it's no loss either way if it does or doesn't work.

I've been very disappointed with Cricut in general. I would never recommend them to anyone given their lack of customer focus, and also given what they did to Linda McClure. Had I known about the full drama before I shelled out for a CC I would nerve have bought one!

Evoir Posted 13 Oct 2014 , 4:47am
post #4 of 5

AHi Dayti. Thanks so much for your reply! I've tried it since with windows 7, Vista and even XP...no joy.

I will try updating the CC firmware if possible and see what happens. At this stage, it's no loss either way if it does or doesn't work.

I've been very disappointed with Cricut in general. I would never recommend them to anyone given their lack of customer focus, and also given what they did to Linda McClure. Had I known about the full drama before I shelled

Evoir Posted 13 Oct 2014 , 4:48am
post #5 of 5

AOut I would never have bought a cricut!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%