1St Disaster!!!!

Decorating By UKake Updated 13 Oct 2014 , 7:21pm by cakebaby2

UKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UKake Posted 4 Oct 2014 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 4

AHello everyone

So I was typing this out on the Ipad until it crashed!!! So long story short.. I had a order for 1 box of red velvet and one box of custom cupcakes. I made everything down to the tee and off I went to work. I got a text saying from my friend where are the rest, my heart sank I'm sure he only wanted one box. Turns out when we was discussing about the price he was talking about the qty where I was talking about the money. So as I made cupcakes for my sisters friend she gave 6 from her order. I texted him later to explain i was sorry and that it was my fault. Told him that the as I only thought he ordered 1 box I will not charge at all for the 6 as it was my fault. My sister said he wasnt to happy about taking the 6 as they wasn't kiddy looking.

for my sisters cupcakes I said to tell her friend that i will give her 15% of her next order and tell her I am sorry. I never messed up like this before but I could see it wasn't my day. Felt really crap and still do.

My friend still hasn't replied back to my text so not sure what to do next.

Sorry if its jumbled my orignal one got deleted and it's 12.30am here

3 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 4 Oct 2014 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 4

First of all, go to sleep..!!!  You will feel better in the morning.

It's a bummer but you made a human mistake.  Best to always confirm everything in writing so you can double-check before you begin baking.

If this is a true friend, all will be okay.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 4:43am
post #3 of 4

AYes, mistakes can happen. And I agree with norasmom, a true friend will forgive... I always send a text/ mail to have the order confirmed in written if it was discussed on the phone before. And my kitchen looks like a restaurant with little order papers stuck on the wall, lol!

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 13 Oct 2014 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 4

Hope this ended well? Typical cheap friend by the sound of it, more grief than they are worth,  got the cupcakes didnt they 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%