No Power!!!!

Decorating By reginaherrin Updated 4 Oct 2014 , 3:39am by reginaherrin

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 4 Oct 2014 , 12:47am
post #1 of 6

ASo a major storm hit my area yesterday and knocked my power out about 4 in the afternoon. Luckily I was already done for the day and I figured it would be back on shortly. Well it wasn't on by the time I went to bed and I was kind of freaking out since I had a cake due on Friday two on Saturday and one on Sunday. So I had to pack everything up that I could go over to my parents house who still had electricity. I finished the cake that was due for today and they actually picked it up at my parents. I didn't bring the other two small cakes thinking my electricity would be on by the time I got home and I can finish it then. I got home about 4 there is still no power. I'm so mad and frustrated by this and am now having to go back over my parents to finish the other two cakes and hope like hell my power is on by the time I get back home about 10. This sucks and makes me want to buy a generator in case this ever happens again.

5 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 4 Oct 2014 , 1:38am
post #2 of 6

That stinks! Where I live, the power is always going out. Hate it. We have a generator and it certainly gives us peace of mind. You should seriously consider making this purchase.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 Oct 2014 , 1:55am
post #3 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by reginaherrin 

So a major storm hit my area yesterday and knocked my power out about 4 in the afternoon...................This sucks and makes me want to buy a generator in case this ever happens again.

Our power goes out all the time.  Just part of normal life.  We also just purchased a new generator to replace the decades old one.  As the old saying goes:

It's better to be 10 years early than one day late.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 4 Oct 2014 , 2:33am
post #4 of 6

I am sure that is very frustrating for you.  Things could have been a lot worse especially if your parents had no electricity. At least you were able to go to your parents and make the cakes. I hope they did not live too far away from you. As the others pointed out, it may be a good investment for you to have a generator!! Hang in there and I hope your electricity does not go out again anytime soon. 

Naivohw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naivohw Posted 4 Oct 2014 , 3:09am
post #5 of 6

The grocery store I work at lost power a couple months ago for about 28 hrs, and I had to make all my cake orders in the dark with no airbrush (since all the orders that day were the DecoPac character cakes, that was fun. Not) Plus I lost everything in our pastry case (eclairs, fruit tarts, gourmet cupcakes, napoleons, etc) and once the power was finally back, I had to redo the whole pastry case! So anyway, I feel your pain. But I am glad you managed to get your cakes done.

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 4 Oct 2014 , 3:39am
post #6 of 6

This definitely makes me want to invest in a generator even if I never use it.  I would just be piece of mind.  If I was just able to have my fridge and oven working it would have been fine.  I am very lucky my parents are only about 15 minutes away and have a big house I could work in.  It was still a bit hard and I did forget a few things I did need but I made due.  I am not back at home with power.  Woohoo.  I am so happy.  I was able to do most of the things I needed for the cakes that are due tomorrow and now I wont have to worry about the cakes a night long.  I know there is still a lot of people around here that still don't have power and feel so bad for them.  The crazy thing is there was not a lot of damage in my neighborhood but when I went to my parents it looked like a tornado had hit with tree limbs everywhere and trees uprooted and broken in half and they all had there power.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%