Gingerbread Carousel

Decorating By cakebakelady Updated 6 Mar 2015 , 8:52pm by cakebakelady

cakebakelady Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 9

AHas anyone got information on how to transport a gingerbread carousel without the poles breaking.

8 replies
-K8memphis Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 9

the poles are gingerbread? assemble it after delivery is one way

cakebakelady Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 9

AThanks. The poles will be candy peppermint sticks. You are right about setting this up on site. Using royal icing, perhaps I can anchor the sticks to the base before delivery and then anchor the sticks to the top of the carousel. I have done gingerbread houses but this project is a challenge:) Appreciate the information.

-K8memphis Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 9

royal is good -- chocolate is also an option -- i would not trust the poles to royal icing -- do it all on site for best results -- unless you have a flange -- a ring around the poles to help balance and secure it to the board -- could be gingerbread or a big lifesaver or any kind of candy -- a scooped out gum drop ...

cakebakelady Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 9

AK8memphis

Thanks so much! I love the flange method. Are you saying to "glue" the poles to the base using chocolate?

My 12 year old granddaughter is entering this project at a Museum in Nov. I will forward photos. Really appreciate your advise.

-K8memphis Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 8:29pm
post #6 of 9

oh i can't wait for pictures -- how exciting for your granddaughter!

you could use chocolate yes because it can hold faster than royal --y'know if you're gluing on site -- it's just another option for your gingerbread arsenal -- but royal would work too -- especially with the flange already attached & dry

cakebakelady Posted 2 Feb 2015 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 9

AHi, The Gingerbread Carousel came out so well. We found Hammond candy canes that were quite sturdy. We used your ideas to secure the canes to the carousel. It made it to the museum without any breakage!!

bubs1stbirthday Posted 2 Feb 2015 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 9

This sounds so gorgeous - would love to see a photo if you have one.

cakebakelady Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 8:52pm
post #9 of 9

I have uploaded a photo of the gingerbread carousel today. Thanks for your interest.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%