How To Make A Cake Look Like A Cinnamon Roll?

Decorating By kparks2 Updated 1 Oct 2014 , 5:25pm by kparks2

kparks2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kparks2 Posted 28 Sep 2014 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 10

A friend asked if I could possibly do this for her mom.  From what I see in the thread are pics which look great but there are no details how to do it.  I have a thought of what I can do but I would prefer to have steps instead of wasting time and ingredients.  My friend's mom does not want a cinnamon roll cake rather a cake covered in fondant to look like a cinnamon roll.  Any help I would appreciate? Nothing on google or pinterest I have found either.

9 replies
dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 12:38am
post #2 of 10

No pic!

kparks2 Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 12:45am
post #3 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukeswalker 

No pic!

What do you mean?

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 12:46am
post #4 of 10

There isn't a pic of the cake you are trying to recreate attached to your post.

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 10

Look up fire hose cake tutorials. I imagine the same concept would apply to a cinnamon roll cake. 

kparks2 Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 12:19am
post #6 of 10

ASorry dukeswalker. Misunderstood. Here's what I saw on the site. [ATTACHMENT=1951]900x900px-LL-a7800937_gallery4713831286203760.jpeg (132k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

I saw this on here from someone else but would love a tutorial. Good idea on the fire hose cake. Do you have a tutorial to reference?

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 10

I would make a regular cake.  Use the top layer with the cake doomed.  Then I would carve out the trenches that would make it look like a cinammon roll.  Cover with fondant making sure I smooth into the trenches.  Use some dark brown color to paint in the the trenches and the rest is using glaze over the cake.  HTH  You could even add a little cinammon in the groove to make it more realistic.

kparks2 Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 1:48am
post #8 of 10

A

Original message sent by ropalma

I would make a regular cake.  Use the top layer with the cake doomed.  Then I would carve out the trenches that would make it look like a cinammon roll.  Cover with fondant making sure I smooth into the trenches.  Use some dark brown color to paint in the the trenches and the rest is using glaze over the cake.  HTH  You could even add a little cinammon in the groove to make it more realistic.

Funny that was my original thought but i was not sure if it would work. Thanks so much.

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 12:25pm
post #9 of 10

AYou should post a pic when you finish...

kparks2 Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 5:25pm
post #10 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ropalma 

You should post a pic when you finish...

Well I am not even sure if my friend's mom wants this cake...she may say no but I wanted to get some options on how to do it before accepting the order lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%