Any Vegetarians Out There? (Not Vegans) Or Someone With Fruit Allergy?

Lounge By easyaspie Updated 29 Sep 2014 , 2:51am by Norasmom

easyaspie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
easyaspie Posted 28 Sep 2014 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 6

I;m 19, I became a vegetarian at the age of 12. about a year and a half ago I ate apple slices with peanut butter, had an allergic reaction.. mouth swell, tingled, and a pain in my stomach. I thought it was the peanut butter. turns out, it's fruit... so far every fruit I've tried I have the same reaction too. :(

and today, I started noticing the same reaction with cucumbers...

I'm getting soo worried! it's not a DEADLY allergic reaction,

but here's what happens : throat starts getting itchy and tingling, same with my lips. then I get a pain in my stomach, more like a rotting feeling.. like my stomach is rotting, and when I swallow, I can feel that my throat is swollen.. I ate the cucumber pieces an hour ago, and  my stomach still feels awful.

my allergy is bearable, but still awful. I fear that one day I;m going to come in contact with it and have a deadly reaction.

I haven't seen my doctor about it yet, I don't really have the money for an allergy test..

but I know that i'm definitely allergic.

So here's my problem now. i'm a vegetarian, who is allergic to fruits.. and possibly soon vegetables .. knock on wood.

I do not want to eat an animal. but I don't even know what to eat anymore......

I have never been allergic to any type of food, medicine.. anything, other than cats and dogs.

Anyone have any advice? is there some type of medicine I can take to fight allergic reactions to food?

like if I take something, I can eat fruit that day or whatever?

I feel like all I eat now is pasta, or bread...... and the scale will prove it.

trying to eat better , but can't.....LOL

can I just eat whatever I want, without having to eat the flesh of another being?

5 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 12:52am
post #2 of 6

Go see a doctor!

That is the only advice you should be taking from strangers about your reaction to certain foods that you haven't even seen a doctor about...

Go see a doctor!

You really shouldn't rely on advice from strangers regarding your health other than that since we do not know you, are not there, and most of us (just guessing ~ but am fairly certain) aren't medical professionals...

Go see a doctor!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 1:56am
post #3 of 6

Go to a doctor and get an allergy test! You could be fooling around with your LIFE! Can you afford to be dead? Hospitalized? GO TO A DOCTOR.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 2:28am
post #4 of 6

There's nothing LOL about your post. It doesn't sound like an allergy to me, but I'm not a doctor. If what you described is true, then you need medical help, ASAP.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 2:40am
post #5 of 6

1st of all let me agree with the other posters  ----  Go see a doctor! 

Read this!: http://news.yahoo.com/dr--martin-blaser-researches-link-between-food-allergies-in-children-and-antibiotics-111302595.html

I have many food allergies :(  Among them melons.  When I was tested some 15 yrs ago(?), I was in my late 50s, maybe 60s; I was told allergies can start at any time in life.  Many foods are in the same 'family' so if you are told (or know from experience) about one food *anything* similar/in the same family will also hurt you.  I was originally told my allergy was cantaloupes.  Since then I have had bad reactions to watermelon so now I stay away from ALL melons :(   I also am allergic to gr. beans but only have a very mild reaction when I eat them - usually only when they are in something like soup.  I don't eat them as a 'side dish' vegetable. 

To say you can't afford to see a doctor is playing with you LIFE!   I understand not having a lot of $$ but this is very important.  I can mean you LIFE.

......it's not a DEADLY allergic reaction,.....never been allergic to any type of food, medicine.. anything,

Oh but it is!!  The next bite CAN kill you before you have any time to consider going to a hospital or doctor.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 2:51am
post #6 of 6

I am allergic to apples, peaches, plums, cherries, nectarines, and almonds..they are all in the same food family.  My mouth, throat and ears get itchy if I eat these things raw…but cooked not a problem!

I saw a doc and got an allergy test…I also got an Epipen, and prescription meds.  We cannot help you on this website.  A ride in an ambulance is far more expensive than an allergy test. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%