Urgent Cake Design Help!

Decorating By mmhassa2 Updated 27 Sep 2014 , 5:59am by raidercat

mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 3

I have a last min order for a 12" cake as a personal request and dont have any ideas on how to make a nice fun design in such a short notice.

It's a cake for a 1st anniversary of the community thats deals with social justice issues and also offers free tutoring program.  The main colors are Red, yellow, black/brown.

I would really like to do something purely with buttercream as fondant would take too long. I do have a few cans of wilton spray mist and can always tint the buttercream as well. 

All I know is I'll do a black fondant topper with the words "TRT" for the top of the cake, any suggestions on a easy way to bring color to the buttercream? Rosette design would be the easiest but might be too girl and less for a community event?

She left the entire design to me with the only request of adding atleast a few of their colors. 

I do have a skyline stencil like this:

Here is the flyer they hand out:

2 replies
mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 2:22am
post #2 of 3

anyone?

raidercat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raidercat Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 5:59am
post #3 of 3

AI made a similar cake and I made a stencil template out of the itunes logo.it's the logo of a crowd of people's heads & hands reaching up. I air brushed the design on the cake, it came out nice.the stencil also was used for a concert audience design cake.hope this is helpful

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%