Looking For A Leaf Veiner Tool

Decorating By butternut Updated 26 Sep 2014 , 9:21pm by Dayti

butternut Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 12:22pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone.  I have started to venture out a little by trying to make some fondant/gumpaste characters. My next project is to make arms and hands. I have come to a halt because all of the tutorials I have call for the use of a leaf veiner. This is used to give the hand a cupped look. The instructions say to use the flat end of the tool for this purpose. I have looked and cannot find a tool called the leaf veiner. I know that from the pictures, it looks like the balling tool but of course the ends are different. Does anyone know where I might look for this leaf veiner? 

Thank you so much for your time. 

5 replies
cait1219 Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 6

I'm pretty sure that this is what you're looking for.  They're all a little different depending on who you buy from but here's the idea.....



butternut Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 6

AHA. So, that's what it is called. I guess that's why I wasn't coming up with anything when I was looking up leaf veiner tool. Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply. I really do appreciate your help!

Dayti Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 6

Then there's this one, also called a veining tool, by PME. The flatter end is a bit more spoon-like than the Jem one (I have both), and I can see it curling tiny hands easily.


butternut Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 8:04pm
post #5 of 6

Yep, I bet that is exactly the one that I'm looking for. So, it's called a veining tool NOT a leaf veiner. :o) Now, I should be able to find it with no problem, especially if I copy the picture. Thank you so very much. I really do appreciate your help. 

Dayti Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 6

You're welcome. I got the picture off a Google search - just search PME veining tool for a local stockist or an online shop. Good luck with your teeny-tiny hands!

Quote by @%username% on %date%