How Do I Get Royla Icing Flowers To Stay On This Cake? And Other ????s

Decorating By mrsmac888 Updated 26 Sep 2014 , 1:07pm by mrsmac888

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 4

http://www.cakecentral.com/g/i/3054537/round-wedding-cakes/

So, I'm getting closer to making this cake...and I'm trying to think of all the possible "bumps in the road" before hand.  I cheated and bought premade royal icing roses.  They are about the same size as in the picture.  I'm frosting the cake in buttercream.  How would you get they roses to stay in place?  What "glue" would you use?  Buttercream?  Royal Icing? 

Do any of you think the roses being RI will be a problem on the BC?  Will they soften and fall off?

While we're at it....how would you transport this cake?  I'm using the SPS.  Would you move totally assembled? 

Thanks as always!

C~

PS  I bought way more roses than I'm going to need, they are white.  If anyone wants or needs 2" and

1 1/4" roses with leaves, I'm sure we can make a deal!  I would be willing to part with them after the wedding, which is Oct. 11

3 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 25 Sep 2014 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 4

I would use a blob of buttercream under each one to stick them. If you have lots of spare roses you could sacrifice one to do a test with the same BC you will be using, to see if it goes soft after a few hours, but something makes me think they will be fine. 

I use SPS and travel with the cake assembled wherever possible. Just make sure you can lift it and maneuver it around in and out of your car etc fairly easily. For me a 3 tier 6-8-10 is fine, a 4 tier 6-8-10-12 I can get from my shop to the car but I wouldn't want to be going up or down stairs with it!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 5:59am
post #3 of 4

....... How would you get they roses to stay in place?  What "glue" would you use?  Buttercream?  Royal Icing?....

B'cream works but so does melted white chocolate :)

........think the roses being RI will be a problem on the BC?  Will they soften and fall off?.......

No problem at all :)  I've done it many times - especially if you use melted white chocolate.  They will NOT soften.  Those commercially made royal icing decos are *cement* :) 

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 4

Ty Dayti and Kakladi!  Very helpful advice.  Since I do have extra flowers, I'll try both methods and see which works best!

Have a BEAUTIFUL weekend!

C~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%