Who's Had Their Home Kitchen Inspected In Va Recently?

Business By sweetnaomi Updated 27 Sep 2014 , 12:10am by costumeczar

sweetnaomi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetnaomi Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 3

I'm thinking about having my home inspected and I'm in VA.  The threads I've searched for on this subject seem to be a bit old and I'm looking to find someone who has done this recently.  Specifically, do you absolutely need two kitchen sinks or is a double basin ok?  I've looked over the requirements package, but honestly, it isn't very helpful as I hear different things as to what is required.  Thanks!!

2 replies
Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 25 Sep 2014 , 10:48am
post #2 of 3

I had 2 inspections in 2 different houses ( we moved 2 year ago to another house) and had  2 different inspectors. Nobody told me that I Have to have 2 sinks, both of the inspectors just told " Oh, and you have 2 sinks, it is very good. "

Both inspectors told me that I have to sanitize dishes after washing. I wash in one, then fill another with water, add bleach  and rinse all dishes, then air dry on counter.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 12:10am
post #3 of 3

ADouble sink is okay, but they want a second sink available for hand washing as opposed to dish washing. That can be a bathroom that's nearby. That might be what it means if the paperwork is saying thqt you need two sinks. They generally want one for hand washing and one for dishes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%