Exactly What Happened To My Cake?!?!?

Decorating By Krhardi969 Updated 24 Sep 2014 , 4:51am by AZCouture

Krhardi969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krhardi969 Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 3:32am
post #1 of 5

So over the weekend I made one of those adorable yet weird baby butt cakes and all was well at pick up. It was cute and awesome and I was so excited to show the client. Well the shower wasn't until the next day and I had asked her to send me a picture of it all set up (I was with 24 cupcakes on a tower with cupcake tutus). She sends me a picture along with a text saying everyone loved the cake. One problem, my cake is JACKED! I looks as if it was pushed forward during a stop in the car. The front plaque is smeared and awful and on top of ALL of that it looks as if the buttercream has MELTED off. I was soo upset I didn't know what to say other than "I'm glad everyone enjoyed it" This clearly was not my fault and I know she was actually really happy with the cake (which I find weird) I just feel like I let them down even though it was out of my hands.

Sorry for the lack of picture.

4 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 4:40am
post #2 of 5

AWhat you say looks like happened is probably what happened. Which is probably the reason she didn't ask for Any money back. She made a mistake in transit.

Remember that ultimately, cake is a food product. And the goal is to eat it. Everyone loved the cake...you let no one down :)

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 4:45am
post #3 of 5

Did it have a big bulge thru the center, and was the cake and cupcakes on a cupcake stand, with little tutus or netting tied around each cupcake?

AZCouture Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 4:46am
post #4 of 5

Oh it was exactly that, didn't fully read your discussion.

AZCouture Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 4:51am
post #5 of 5

I'll PM you… check your messages soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%