Hobby Lobby's Store Brand Fondant

Decorating By emmer_d Updated 27 Sep 2014 , 2:31am by Brunesbaby

emmer_d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmer_d Posted 23 Sep 2014 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know what brand of fondant they carry?  They used to sell Satin Ice and Wilton's fondant, but now they've replaced it with their own store brand.  I'm really hesitant to purchase it if I don't know how it is to work with.  And now I've been told by a cashier you can't even use the 40% off coupon for it or other edible items.  So that stinks!!!  Thanks for any input!! - Emily

6 replies
Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 23 Sep 2014 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 7

It is made by Satin Ice's company- it's not so bad, I covered a cake the other day with it and it tasted okay ( I add vanilla to mine)  and worked well. It is a little softer than the original Satin ice, but works.

emmer_d Posted 23 Sep 2014 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 7

Oh, that is great to know!!!  I love SI.  Were you able to use a coupon on it? 

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 23 Sep 2014 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, I did- I found it more cost effective to buy the 5 # tub with the coupon

emmer_d Posted 23 Sep 2014 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 7

I always bought the 5lb. tubs as well with the coupon because it is more cost effective.  Last week I didn't see any more 5 lb. tubs, so hopefully they were just out of stock and not discontinuing to sell it.

I just read HL's coupon stipulations and it only say it excludes candy, NOT everything edible like the clerk told me.  This really, really annoys me.  I knew I should have asked for a manager that day.

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 1:20am
post #6 of 7

I just used it to make ruffles.  It cracked horribly.  I even added glycerin and it still cracked.  I won't use it again!

Brunesbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brunesbaby Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 2:31am
post #7 of 7

AIt's definitely softer than SI, but it works well enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%