Peanut Butter Recipes

Baking By sonya66 Updated 22 Sep 2014 , 10:19pm by sonya66

sonya66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sonya66 Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

I have a question to ask you all. Our town is having a Peanut Festival in Oct.  They have it every yr rain or shine. Last yr we had a booth and did fairly well, but asking around town and found out the customers would like more peanut items.  We have some peanut butter bread and cookies but we would like to have some more. If you all could help with recipes I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You

Sonya Mullins

Dogwood Desserts

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 4

Pop's p.e.r.f.e.c.t. Peanut Butter Fudge

2 c sugar
2 T Karo syrup
1 c water (I used 2/3 cup milk)
salt
1/4 c butter or margarine
1 t vanilla
1/4 t cream of tartar
1 1/4 c peanut butter (I used an overflowing 1/3 cup)

buttered 8"X8" cake pan

Combine sugar, water, corn syrup and just a little salt in a heavy 2-qt saucepan and cook on medium heat. Once your mixture comes to a good boil lower your heat and keep it cooking nicely until candy thermometer reads soft ball stage. Takes 10 minutes or so maybe 15.

Remove from heat--add butter and beat until melted. Add cream of tartar mix well. Add peanut butter and vanilla and beat well until it starts to hold it's shape--when it no longer just melts back into itself. Takes several minutes.

Pour into buttered pan and sprinkle immediately with kosher salt. and if you have it vanilla powder

best to you!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 4

on the peanut butter quantity -- i mean i used the one full cup and a huge heaping 1/4 cup full so it was actually over a cup and a third  --

i always use more banana in b bread, apples in a pie/cake always up the ante on those crucial ingredients -- never hurts  :-D 

sonya66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sonya66 Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 4

AThank you Ill give it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%