How Do You Paint Flowers On A Cake? I Have A Customer Who Wants This...

Decorating By countrycakes Updated 1 Oct 2014 , 7:14pm by -K8memphis

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 25 Sep 2014 , 12:56am
post #31 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

bwoowahahahahaha -- this is my platform --er i mean if i was running which of course i'm not [big eye wink] -- i would propose changing teaspoons of cinnamon and teaspoons of vanilla in all the recipes past present and future to tablespoons!!!  bringing peace love & groovey and flavor far and wide -- plus a pinch of cayenne too --

:lol: 

and "Let them eat cake" I would hope? :cake::party:;-D

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 11:35am
post #32 of 42

Quote:

bwoowahahahahaha -- this is my platform --er i mean if i was running which of course i'm not [big eye wink] -- i would propose changing teaspoons of cinnamon and teaspoons of vanilla in all the recipes past present and future to tablespoons!!!  bringing peace love & groovey and flavor far and wide -- plus a pinch of cayenne too --

I hear you sister from across the pond....and on the same subject what about those "dribbles" of brandy on fruit cakes?

Pass the bottle I say and anoint the fellow properly, more is always more x

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 1:22pm
post #33 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftybanana 

Quote:

and "Let them eat cake" I would hope? :cake::party:;-D

:lol:  would have it no other way -- unless cookies, pie, ice cream, desserts, pizza, fries, chips and candy were also on the menu :party:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakebaby2 

Quote:

I hear you sister from across the pond....and on the same subject what about those "dribbles" of brandy on fruit cakes?

Pass the bottle I say and anoint the fellow properly, more is always more x

:lol:  "more is always more"  :party: 

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 1:56am
post #34 of 42

Good quality paintbrush and edible liquid food colour.

cakebaby2 Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 10:04am
post #35 of 42

tha'ts a real pretty cake Evoir.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 1:45pm
post #36 of 42

ALove it, Evoir! You forgot one thing: One also needs a very steady hand!!!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 9:02am
post #37 of 42

Aww, thanks gals!

It was an absolute delight to work on. I wish I could do more painted cakes. I did one two weeks ago, which turned out better than I expected. I have recently started a new medication trial, and one killer side effect is it gives me tremors! So I was worried about that 'steady hand' you speak of!

cakebaby2 Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 9:09am
post #38 of 42

I prescribe a large G&T with ice and lemon, this is a lesser known medical fact. Sip slowly while working on cake. You will find the ice stops tinkling in the glass after roughly 5 sips. Voila! x

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 9:22am
post #39 of 42

AGosh I wish I could send my doctor to medical school in Scotland!

I love doing painted cakes too, and I find my hand shakes more when I'm doing detailed piping than painting.

cakebaby2 Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 10:32am
post #40 of 42

Scottish medicine is world renowned for its efficiency, humanity,and holistic approach.. hic!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 6:56pm
post #41 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evoir 

Good quality paintbrush and edible liquid food colour.

@Evoir you have a very artistic hand!  This is very fancy. I'll never comprehend how an artist sees the design before painting, my mind is quite blank.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 7:14pm
post #42 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakebaby2 

Scottish medicine is world renowned for its efficiency, humanity,and holistic approach.. hic!

heal me!

and yes evoir that's awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%