Gold Gumpaste (?) Hearts On Side Of Cake

Decorating By niagaracakery Updated 20 Sep 2014 , 2:59am by kakeladi

niagaracakery Posted 19 Sep 2014 , 2:16am
post #1 of 3

Just wondering if anyone had any input on the best and most stable way to make and adhere the gold hearts? I figured gumpaste painted gold for making them -- but am not 100% on sticking them on. I had originally thought toothpicks inserted before the gumpaste dries, but some areas are quite thin. These are the images provided to me by customer. 

2 replies
julia1812 Posted 19 Sep 2014 , 6:37am
post #2 of 3

AI would definitely make them out of gum paste and paint them in gold. The cake will be covered white fondant or buttercream I guess? Never had problems attaching gum paste, just use edible glue (if you use fondant for the cake). I only use toothpicks/ scewers if I have heavy unstable gum paste objects on a cake that might fall off during transport (our roads are not tarmac and veeery rough). But the idea if disassembling a cake decorating before you can cut and eat it is not appealing to me..

kakeladi Posted 20 Sep 2014 , 2:59am
post #3 of 3

I agree w/Julia1812.  They can be made from fondant - especially if you strengthen it w/some Tylose but all decorations will have to be removed before the cake can be cut :(

Quote by @%username% on %date%