Books Like Culinary School

Decorating By aluvs2bake Updated 18 Sep 2014 , 5:00pm by -K8memphis

aluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aluvs2bake Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 4

Hello!

So I have been learning baking at home, but I want to learn more.  I have little ones at home, so culinary school is not an option right now, maybe in 10 years.  In the mean time, I want to practice baking, but I need some good books with lots of information in them.  There seems to be a lot of books out there, so I am wondering which ones are the best?

Thank you for your help!

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 4

here yah go -- now i got mine for about $40 give or take so the prices fluctuate and check half.com too

Professional Baking, 6th Edition by Wayne Gisslen

and there's a 7th edition too -- comes with a dvd

best to you

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 4

ANot in the line of using it to replace culinary school but I was just looking into that exact book last night. Weird! I really do want it too. In my snooping arounds I see the chiffon recipe in there recommended for roulades. ( I want to come up with something " better " than Libby's pumpkin roll that I see everywhere.....) To you, OP, I think from what I have seen of this book via google images, that it would suit your request and be well rounded.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 4

here's some older editions for as little as ten bucks -- scroll to the bottom

rover.ebay.com/ws/web/SojRedirect?cid=2509&fwd=http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ30257058

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%