Help!! Can Anyone Tell Me What Impression Mat Is Used?

Decorating By JuliaMarie Updated 16 Sep 2014 , 4:16pm by kazita

JuliaMarie Posted 16 Sep 2014 , 9:50am
post #1 of 5


Hey everyone!! Can anyone tell me what impression mat was used on this cake by The fabulous Erica O'Brian? I just love it but haven't found anything like this, and I have no idea what to even search for.

4 replies
CindiM Posted 16 Sep 2014 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 5

Hi JuliaMarie, I use a plastic light cover insert, like for an overhead florescent light fixture.  I got it at my local hardware store.  It looks like really tiny squares/diamonds.  It is pretty cheap and I have had it for years. 

I had the store cut it in two, so I have a small piece for little projects.  

JuliaMarie Posted 16 Sep 2014 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 5

AWow that's such a fantastic idea!! Thank you so much for your reply. We don't really have hardware stores that sell things like this out here, but I will search the internet for a piece. Thank you so much for your help :-)

CFCakes Posted 16 Sep 2014 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 5

AWe have a Michael's craft store and they sold a thick pad of textured craft foam something similar to this. But the above idea in fantastic!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%