Black Wedding Cake

Decorating By sleaky77 Updated 16 Sep 2014 , 3:01am by mcaulir

sleaky77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleaky77 Posted 15 Sep 2014 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,

I have a black wedding cake coming up in a few weeks. I thought I had it all sorted but just as I was falling asleep last night I thought of a problem (grr took me for ever to fall asleep after that).

The top layer is going to be a tilted 4" fake cube resting on a ball. The problem is under to foam will be visible and bright white on a black cake.

I'm thinking that I should cover the bottom of the block with fondant as well.

Has anybody done had this before?

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 replies
dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 15 Sep 2014 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 6

It's foam, yes?  And not making any contact with anything edible, correct? Can't you just paint it?

sleaky77 Posted 15 Sep 2014 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 6

Yes it will be a foam cube. One edge will be resting on the cake and then resting on the ball.

lunawhisper0013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lunawhisper0013 Posted 16 Sep 2014 , 12:10am
post #4 of 6

APainting would work, or if you wanted to go the fondant route, you could get some CMC Fondant Stabilizer and mix a little of the powder with water to make fondant glue. It really helps the fondant stick to non-edible surfaces.

sleaky77 Posted 16 Sep 2014 , 12:43am
post #5 of 6

Thanks I'll see if I can find that. My small town in Australia is not big on supplies. :(

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 16 Sep 2014 , 2:59am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleaky77 

Thanks I'll see if I can find that. My small town in Australia is not big on supplies. :(

CMC is tylose powder. It's easily ordered at any cake decorating supply place. I've had supplies arrive at my house in small town Australia 24 hours after having ordered them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%