Opinion: On A Baptism Cake - Ok To Do All Lower Case Lettering In "god Bless Xxxxxx"?

Decorating By dukeswalker Updated 13 Sep 2014 , 9:16pm by Norasmom

dukeswalker Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 1:37am
post #1 of 7

I have some cutters I want to use, ones that will look the best with this cake - BUT I only have lower case.  

What do you think.... OK?  Or go with something else?

6 replies
-K8memphis Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 2:01am
post #2 of 7

Ayou could overpipe or adorn the first letters with a little cross or a flower-- make them a darker color

luvmykids2bits Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 2:27am
post #3 of 7

I definitely think the G on God needs to be capitalized.  There is a big difference in Christian and Jewish religions between God and god.  It would be disrespectful to put god instead of God.

dukeswalker Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 3:15am
post #4 of 7

AHow about all uppercase?

maisie73 Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 7

AHas to be a capital G. Can you hand cut a G and the first initial to match the other letters? Would a capital from another set you already have match? Or buy the capital set to match, you'll use them again so it wouldn't be a waste of money.

Julia Hardy Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 7

I am thinking it may be possible to make a capital G using a lower case c.  You could stretch it up a little and add a small line made with part of another letter. Have a good look at the letters that you have - I'm sure something can be made.  Do you have an extruder or a strip cutter that can make a continuous line that  you could shape into a G? :-)

Norasmom Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 9:16pm
post #7 of 7

Yes, it needs to be a capital for sure.  Just thinking of traditional religious events and it would be a huge deal not to do this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%