Opinion: On A Baptism Cake - Ok To Do All Lower Case Lettering In "god Bless Xxxxxx"?

Decorating By dukeswalker Updated 13 Sep 2014 , 9:16pm by Norasmom

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 1:37am
post #1 of 7

I have some cutters I want to use, ones that will look the best with this cake - BUT I only have lower case.  

What do you think.... OK?  Or go with something else?

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 2:01am
post #2 of 7

Ayou could overpipe or adorn the first letters with a little cross or a flower-- make them a darker color

luvmykids2bits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmykids2bits Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 2:27am
post #3 of 7

I definitely think the G on God needs to be capitalized.  There is a big difference in Christian and Jewish religions between God and god.  It would be disrespectful to put god instead of God.

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 3:15am
post #4 of 7

AHow about all uppercase?

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 7

AHas to be a capital G. Can you hand cut a G and the first initial to match the other letters? Would a capital from another set you already have match? Or buy the capital set to match, you'll use them again so it wouldn't be a waste of money.

Julia Hardy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julia Hardy Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 7

I am thinking it may be possible to make a capital G using a lower case c.  You could stretch it up a little and add a small line made with part of another letter. Have a good look at the letters that you have - I'm sure something can be made.  Do you have an extruder or a strip cutter that can make a continuous line that  you could shape into a G? :-)

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 9:16pm
post #7 of 7

Yes, it needs to be a capital for sure.  Just thinking of traditional religious events and it would be a huge deal not to do this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%