Materials Question- What Can I Use?

Decorating By jfraelich Updated 11 Sep 2014 , 6:48pm by shanter

jfraelich Posted 7 Sep 2014 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 5

I want to get the effect of the black swirls coming off of the cake pictured for an upcoming wedding cake order that I have. What can I use to get this effect? Thank you for your help!!

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 8 Sep 2014 , 12:00am
post #2 of 5

Covered floral wire.

Jakes Cakes Posted 8 Sep 2014 , 6:48am
post #3 of 5

You may be able to get something similar in a craft shop too

ChiCakeLady75 Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 5

I actually had to make that cake last year but with purple flowers! The cake supply store that I shop at carries those exact swirl things, they kind of look like large metallic twist ties and they curl really nicely - I loved using them! I'm sure you would be able to find them at a craft store! 

shanter Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%