Help Asap!!! Cars Cake

Decorating By anasienkiewicz Updated 7 Sep 2014 , 2:02pm by -K8memphis

anasienkiewicz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasienkiewicz Posted 7 Sep 2014 , 1:54am
post #1 of 4

I have done a lot of cakes and this one just has me stumped, How would I do the middle part and where do I find the trays to put the cakes on? Also where get I find the edible race track to put around it?

3 replies
canacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canacake Posted 7 Sep 2014 , 3:45am
post #2 of 4

AThe middle part like the support structure on the stand? I am pretty sure it is a stand like any you could buy with a centre support at your local michaels or decorating supply store and they wrapped it in a plastic flag or part of the table cloth. That is not to say that you couldn't class it up a bit and use fondant. The sides of the cake are those printed sugar sheets. The cars look like they are plastic toys, the race track is likely fondant or carefully airbrushed buttercream before doing the rest of the decoration on top, and I think smarties or some similar round candy for a boarder.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2014 , 10:26am
post #3 of 4

Ayes i agree with canacakes -- the stand is actually a Wilton stand -- it has lace cut into the edges -- they made some tires with oreos and a candy in the middle so the race track might even be ground up oreos --

best to you -- vrooom vrooom

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%