Wedding Cake Tier For Saving

Decorating By dmk2085 Updated 6 Sep 2014 , 6:44am by canacake

dmk2085 Posted 5 Sep 2014 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 5

AI am making our wedding cake and my husband to be (eek!) doesn't like fruit cake. I was planning on making the top tier ( for saving) a fruit cake, but this will not do! Will a chocolate tier keep one year in the freezer?

4 replies
canacake Posted 5 Sep 2014 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 5

AI kept my wedding cake (chocolate) in the freezer for a year. It was just fine. The fruit filling didn't hold up as well, but the cake part was fine as was the frosting. It was wrapped in about half a roll of cling film and another half roll of tinfoil, but it survived and was not freezer burnt or anything. Just maybe skip fruit fillings.

dmk2085 Posted 6 Sep 2014 , 1:25am
post #3 of 5

denetteb Posted 6 Sep 2014 , 3:32am
post #4 of 5

Put it in a plastic storage container, zip lock or saran wrap and it will be fine.  No need to seal it up like a mummy, unless you want to.  It really isn't necessary.

canacake Posted 6 Sep 2014 , 6:44am
post #5 of 5

AI should clarify that my venue wrapped mine for me, figured it was best to leave it that way. With the gumpaste flowers on top of it still and the top tier whole it was way too large to fit in a freezer container I had. Plus all those layers protected the gum paste flowers, not that I really was worried about them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%