Trying To Make A Deer Cake

Decorating By pbeck Updated 7 Sep 2014 , 4:02am by johnbailey64

pbeck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbeck Posted 5 Sep 2014 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 2

Good afternoon everyone! I don't post often but lurk all the time and have come across something that I would like some opinions on. I am making a "deer cake" for my husbands birthday. I know I don't have the skills of tools to make one of the 3D ones that I have seen. While cruising around checking for ideas here I saw this picture

http://www.cakecentral.com/g/i/2231729/deer-cake/

Something like this I think I could do - it doesn't look that difficult but here is my problem - I cant draw. Even my stick people looks cripple - so how can I create a template or something to trace and then try to take it from there? Is it safe to just print something out on paper and cut it out? Is there a better way? I looked around for deer shaped cake pans but didn't have much luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!  

1 reply
johnbailey64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnbailey64 Posted 7 Sep 2014 , 4:02am
post #2 of 2

I print pictures or coloring pages all the time for templates. Search clip art.   Works great. Just print it, cut it out and make small toothpick pricks along the outline. Maybe cut the eye out of the template so you can mark it too. The rest should not be too hard to just copy as you go.

Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%