Cake Decorating Supply Store In Vegas

Decorating By mattyeatscakes Updated 5 Sep 2014 , 4:56pm by MBalaska

mattyeatscakes Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 6

AHi guys!

I will be going to vegas in november for my sister's wedding! Yay :)

Could fellow cc members from vegas let me know where are the best cake decorating supply stores i could visit? I would love to buy some sugar veil, fondarific and all those lovely brands/products that i only read about here on cc!

Thanks!

5 replies
MBalaska Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyeatscakes 

Hi guys!

I will be going to vegas in november for my sister's wedding! Yay icon_smile.gif

Could fellow cc members from vegas let me know where are the best cake decorating supply stores i could visit? I would love to buy some sugar veil, fondarific and all those lovely brands/products that i only read about here on cc!

Thanks!

That sounds like a fun trip.   How do you plan on getting it all home? 

mattyeatscakes Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 6

ALol! True that! I am taking the plane with my mom :) i just wanna browse too, as cake decorating supplies here in winnipeg, Canada are almost limited to Wilton brand. We don't even get the Hershey's cocoa powder here :( sucks..

MBalaska Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 6

Man I'd be cruising over the border for Hershey's Cocoa Powder like a fiend... lol

The reason that I ask is because bringing things on the plane in your carry on gets really scrutinized. And my luggage gets rifled through every trip in and out of Alaska.  Things get stolen, damaged, & manhandled. 

One time I watched my suitcase roll out onto the carousel (where you pick them up) and my bright pink shirt bottom was hanging on the outside of the suitcase like angel wings trying to fly away.  Ruined the shirt.  Unnecessary roughness!!

I'd consider making up a big package and mailing it to myself.  Just a thought, as it's going to be great fun for you to shop and try these new things.  :razz: 

mattyeatscakes Posted 5 Sep 2014 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 6

AGosh! Called the travel agency to book a flight! $925 (CAN) for a direct round trip flight to vegas! The horror! :(

I know, i'm not gonna be buying tons, but would love to just check out supply stores. And actually see in person all the wonderful cake tools and ingredients i only read about online. Maybe buy some cute molds!

@MB, lol.. What did they do to your baggage!? Hahaha you must have had Spam there and the security dogs wanted dinner! Lol ;)

MBalaska Posted 5 Sep 2014 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyeatscakes 

Gosh! Called the travel agency to book a flight! $925 (CAN) for a direct round trip flight to vegas! The horror! icon_sad.gif

I know, i'm not gonna be buying tons, but would love to just check out supply stores. And actually see in person all the wonderful cake tools and ingredients i only read about online. Maybe buy some cute molds!

@MB, lol.. What did they do to your baggage!? Hahaha you must have had Spam there and the security dogs wanted dinner! Lol icon_wink.gif
The very first trip when the you-know-whosits started shaking us down and rifling through our crap.........someone opened my Nalgene 3 oz. bottles in my suitcase. ( You know the ones: you can stand on them and the lid stays tight.)  They opened the shampoo one and poured it all over the bath kit.  It's in a hard shell suitcase.  The inside of the suitcase did look like a rottweiler had been looking for spam, now that you mention it.

You're paying about the same amount as we do, flying out of Alaska!!   But Vegas Baby, well sometimes you just gotta go gamble, drink, swear and run with the wolves.......

and shop for cake toys.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%