Smirnoff Bottle Cake

Decorating By lillyanne Updated 31 Aug 2014 , 10:45pm by savannahquinn

lillyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillyanne Posted 31 Aug 2014 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone, I posted earlier about making a 3D Standing Smirnoff cake.  It seems that it would be a bit advanced for me just yet and i wouldnt do it justice so i am going to try a bottle laying on the board instead. Could anyone help me with some tips or tricks or pointers to get it to look realistic. do i use a long rectangle tin and carve it or small circle tins cut down the middle and laid down on the board? and do i fill it with buttercream? I also love to know the best way to get good definition on the neck and top of the bottle. Is the cake cut with that fine detail or is that done just with the fondant on top?

Soory for all the questions but if anyone could give me any tips or points in the right direction it would be a great help.

Thank you all :)

1 reply
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 31 Aug 2014 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 2

I would carve it out of a long cake, I would not cut out it of small circles.  With small circles, you run the risk of the filling and icing, settling and then you get ridges.  I would carve it and ganache it for a smooth finish when covered with fondant.  You could make the top out of red fondant/gumpaste. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%