Need Inspiration And Ideas

Decorating By mags4girls Updated 30 Aug 2014 , 2:27pm by -K8memphis

mags4girls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mags4girls Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 6

AHi there, just wondering if anybody could help me out with some ideas. I'm making my nephews christening cake in 2wks and would love to incorporate the theme of 'from little acorns...big oaks grow' as he was premature plus I also love this quote. The prob is I can't think of anything solid to do and have a complete brain block!!! Any suggestions would be grateful please

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 6

i would suggest a light tan color cake (like dark off white) with a big thick gnarly but nice, aged looking white tree with far reaching big pretty branches and pale green leaves that gradually get smaller in size the farther out they go outward across the branches kinda like leaf dots -- a light blue cross on the trunk -- a bunch of acorns on the ground -- i'm picturing a single cake not a tier cake and appropriate inscriptions, date & name on top and the acorn message on the side or on the board -- the tree is not centered -- it comes up one side of the cake while the branches reach out across the cake creating a shady spot underneath which doubles as areas for writing 

you could maybe do a nod to the green grass below and the blue sky above with a swipe of icing blended in or a swish of the airbrush --

mags4girls Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 6

AThanks for that. I'm really liking the white tree idea .. But maybe a double height cake...is that what you had in your mind?

-K8memphis Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 6

for a double height cake i would pipe the tree on the side -- but it could be made out of fondant too -- 

mags4girls Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 6

AIve just drawn out a sketch and im liking what i see..thanks so much :)

-K8memphis Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 6

Areally? awesome! -- that's so cool -- would love to see your finished product --

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%