Help With A Winged Wolf

Decorating By CMLayton Updated 28 Aug 2014 , 12:26am by CMLayton

CMLayton Posted 27 Aug 2014 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 5

AI am doing a cake that will have a winged wolf on it. I was thinking of sculpting the wolf out of RKT and covering it in fondant. Definitely need ideas for the wings! Any suggestions?

4 replies
-K8memphis Posted 27 Aug 2014 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 5

what does it look like?

CMLayton Posted 27 Aug 2014 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 5

AI am making a round 8" cake. It will set on top of that. I wanted the wings to drape down over the cake. I'm not using any picture reference at this point. The wolf will look semi realistic. The wings are supposed to have blue White and black feathers.

-K8memphis Posted 27 Aug 2014 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 5

i think i'd make a dummy --a mold of how you want the top of the cake to look with the right proportion for it being 8" and a place -- a lump or something -- for the body of the wolf-- if he's sitting/standing/running/flying -- then fashion the wings out of fondant + cornstarch and place them over the dummy to dry real good -- i would not use gum paste because you need to little bit of give/strength that fondant has -- before you set them up to dry you can impress feather designs or you could later pipe on there --

i'd use foam to make the dummy -- maybe get the wolf body sculpted now and use it in the mold --

or you could make a two piece wing -- one piece that comes up from the edges of the cake toward the wolf then the rest of the wing from the wolf down aligns with that to make it look like one wing -- the bottom piece would have to dry in the right position so it will meet up with the other wing --

a picture even a rough drawing would help--

best to you

CMLayton Posted 28 Aug 2014 , 12:26am
post #5 of 5

ANow she may want a sculpted cake. So I have to figure out how I want to do this...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%