Shiny/pearly Cake

Decorating By Haynie Updated 28 Aug 2014 , 5:59am by Haynie

Haynie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Haynie Posted 26 Aug 2014 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 4

AHas anyone got an idea how to get that glittery/shimmered finish on a cake? I've used a pearl spray before from wilton, but it doesn't give the same shine... Thank u in advance!!!![IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3279979/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

3 replies
radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 26 Aug 2014 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 4

I actually have to make a cake soon that has a gold metallic look to it.  I purchased Duff's gold spray from Michaels and tried it on a buttercream cake.  It was pretty with a nice metallic shine to it but I found it to be too yellow and not a true gold that I was looking for.  I ordered and just received a metallic spray from Americolor.  I haven't used it on a cake yet buy I sprayed it on a paper towel and the color is more the gold I am looking for.  Hope this helps.  I know that PME also makes a spray but I have yet to try it.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 27 Aug 2014 , 12:39am
post #3 of 4

APME makes a bronze spray, which is the colour I see in the photo, not gold. It's expensive stuff and you may need more than 1 can for two tiers.

Haynie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Haynie Posted 28 Aug 2014 , 5:59am
post #4 of 4

AOk, I will try the pme spray, There are not many choices of these sprays here and it can not be shipped over either. Thank you for the help!x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%