Found A Site About Naming Your Bakery

Business By craftybanana Updated 25 Aug 2014 , 8:37pm by FlRugbyChick

craftybanana Posted 24 Aug 2014 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 8

Saw this site and thought it might be helpful: http://tutta.hubpages.com/hub/bakery-names

It had some good ideas for names. I have been thinking up names and so far all the ones I can think of are taken, so that's how I found that website. (Note, I am not looking to open up anytime soon and am still perfecting my recipes). But I thought the site suggestions were cute and it had some nice ideas, such as a naming party (which we already kinda do here on CC).

7 replies
MBalaska Posted 25 Aug 2014 , 1:54am
post #2 of 8

I liked 'the mad batter'......course most people would come in looking for a batting cage. hehe

You must have narrowed your name choices down by now.... can't a person just say home made cake for sale!

craftybanana Posted 25 Aug 2014 , 12:46pm
post #3 of 8

Nope still working on mine.... I'm still coming up with a menu and new variations. It won't be until the little one doesn't need me for food, lols. I can't imagine selling at a farmer's market and breast feeding at the same time. I wanted "cottage sweets" (hubby helped with that one, but it's taken. I'm in no hurry right now, so I'm sure I'll think of something, maybe The Purple Cookie or something since I'm experimenting with lavender at the moment. The purple whisk, I don't know, but at least my taste testers are very honest people! I like the idea of having a naming party, so I'll think I'll do that when the time comes, make up what I plan on selling and then have a bunch of my friends over for brainstorming.

:-D 

I finally got a scale so I can finally try that recipe you gave me. And I'm getting Mimifix's book this Tuesday! I looooove recipe books. I absolutely love experimenting and love that one gal's shop name The Sugar Lab I think it was called.

The Nutty Baker is another one that sounds neat, but again I want to really tailor it to what I'm selling, which won't be breads and cakes (like those gorgeous ones on here).

SweetCarolines Posted 25 Aug 2014 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 8

Choosing a name has been the hardest part for me because I have to pick something that works for English and Spanish speakers, too. Le struggle.

craftybanana Posted 25 Aug 2014 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 8

There is a thread that already discusses naming, oops. It has some helpful stuff as well as what Not to name to use, lols.

http://www.cakecentral.com/t/760309/bakery-names

craftybanana Posted 25 Aug 2014 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetCarolines 

Choosing a name has been the hardest part for me because I have to pick something that works for English and Spanish speakers, too. Le struggle.

and French too? Le sigh.... Le Dulce Cakery? French, Spanish and English covered at once!  sorry, I'm getting a wee bit silly there.

I was showing my friend someone's cake on here, her first impression? "That's the Mary Poppin's logo!" She's a Disney nut who works for Disney. I saw the cake and she saw the logo! Their name escapes me right now. But just goes to show you a logo is just as important as the name, lols.

MBalaska Posted 25 Aug 2014 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftybanana 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCarolines 

and French too? Le sigh.... Le Dulce Cakery? French, Spanish and English covered at once!  sorry, I'm getting a wee bit silly there.

Ha I thought the same thing about the French....SweetCarolines and craftybanana

Le Dulce Cakery   all three languages at once is sweet.

And actually I like the name "crafty banana"  crafty banana cakery.   Have a little banana with a chefs hat and a spatula putting icing on a cake.    Now I'm getting silly.

FlRugbyChick Posted 25 Aug 2014 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 8

AI'm a stay at home mom making cakes for friends and family. One friend suggested "Sugar Mama Cakes," and I fell in love. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%