Ideas For A "crowd" Of Fondant People To Wrap Around A Cake

Decorating By mrsgreshcakes Updated 21 Aug 2014 , 5:19pm by mrsgreshcakes

mrsgreshcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsgreshcakes Posted 21 Aug 2014 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 4

Maybe it's too early in the morning and the coffee hasn't kicked in, but I'm having a heck of a time thinking of the best way to accomplish this look.  Picture this - a two tier cake with the bottom tier adorned in various fondant sports pieces (jerseys, soccer and basketballs, etc.) and the top tier decorated with a crowd of cheering people that wraps around the entire top tier.  The crowd is shown from the waist up and hands in the air, as if they are cheering for the birthday boy.  All of the fondant embellishments are flat 1D designs.

I'm looking to my fellow cake designers to help me come up ways to make the crowd portion of this cake.  I've scoured the internet, and short of using frosting sheets, I've yet to see something like this.  But I know that I can't be the first person whose attempted this type of fondant decoration.

Any suggestions or ideas?

3 replies
johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 21 Aug 2014 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 4

Maybe part of a large pretzel stick wrapped in different colored fondant for the "bodies" and then making little balls for the heads? Lots of ridiculous details.... what fun! 

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 21 Aug 2014 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 4

Google crowd silhouettes and you can print the size you need then cut out with an xacto knife

mrsgreshcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsgreshcakes Posted 21 Aug 2014 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 4

Silhouettes - that's the word that my brain wasn't accessing this morning!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%