Fondant Dog

Decorating By Tasmin anne Updated 28 Aug 2014 , 8:31pm by Tasmin anne

Tasmin anne Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 6

AHelp.. I need to make this dog out of fondant.. I work best when I see examples before I do it. Has anyone seen any that look like this dog? Just need some inspiration [IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3277643/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

5 replies
buttercreamqueenbee Posted 23 Aug 2014 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 6

AIt is so much easier to make doggies like this out of modeling chocolate. I just did a cocker spaniel and it was so much easier than fondant. I just used a texture tool for the hair.

CarlaG Posted 23 Aug 2014 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 6

AIt kinda looks like a Carin Terrier puppy. I Googled resin Carin Terrier sculpture images. This is what I found. Hope that helps.

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3278852/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

bubs1stbirthday Posted 24 Aug 2014 , 5:48am
post #4 of 6

The puppy in your photo does look a bit like a Sand coloured Cairn Terrier, it also looks like a West Highland White Terrier ( nickname, westie, they true to their name are white not sand colour though). There seems to be a lot of cakes made based around the Westie's so I would google that. I just googled West Highland White Terrier cake and several pictures came up - the following being one of those, the website that the picture took me too said that the cake was textured fondant. If you changed the colour of the fondant I think you have a pretty good likeness to the pup in your photo.

West highland White terrier dog cake  (westie dog)  Cake covered in fondant.

bubs1stbirthday Posted 27 Aug 2014 , 1:34am
post #5 of 6

Hi there - just popped back to say, hope that you were able to find some inspiration from the replies that you received, seeing as you haven't come back to the thread to ask for more help I assume that you did?

You are welcome.

Tasmin anne Posted 28 Aug 2014 , 8:31pm
post #6 of 6

AThanks alot you guys were a great help :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%