Does Any One Know How The Lower Part Of This Cake Was Done?

Decorating By Sweetcakester Updated 19 Aug 2014 , 11:33pm by kakeladi

Sweetcakester Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 4

3 replies
ropalma Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 4

It looks like it is a flower cutter because of the edges having more than one curve but it would be made with fondant.  You could add a bit of Tylose so that the petals do not go flat.

MBalaska Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 4

possibly a heart shaped cutter, with the heart turn to the side.

kakeladi Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 4

Yah, I think a small heart cutter could be used to give a very close look.   Then using a rolling pin, 'spread' maybe 1/2 of the upper part of some those hearts.

Using a small heart cutter would keep you from having to buy a new flower cutter :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%