Making A Dome Shape

Baking By shellbell181 Updated 26 Aug 2014 , 3:12am by ihealbox

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 17 Aug 2014 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 4

AI am wanting to make a smaller version of the sunshine to go on top of a cake [IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3276839/width/200/height/400[/IMG] I wondered what the best thing to make it out of is I was thinking of maybe a truffle mixture with cake crumbs ill have left over or maybe cake pop mix has anyone tried these ideas and has a recipe or has any other ideas was thinking RKT but thought using left over cake crumbs would be killing 2 birds with one stone!!! thanks

3 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 17 Aug 2014 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 4

ANever thought of using cake crumbs for something like this but I guess you could, you would want to shape them, chill them well and then do a good buttercream/ganache coat before adding the fondant to give a very smooth surface. If you're going really small, then you could just make it out of fondant with tylose added with gumpaste rays around the edges.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 19 Aug 2014 , 12:35am
post #3 of 4

Depending on the size of cake you are making I'd use the small Wilton ball pan or perhaps a small Pryex bowl both with a bit of carving. Remember to use a cake nail or hearing core.

ihealbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihealbox Posted 26 Aug 2014 , 3:12am
post #4 of 4

looks so cool!i love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%