When We Were Kids...

Lounge By Bunny0410 Updated 17 Aug 2014 , 6:15pm by Claire138

Bunny0410 Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 5

My husband was helping me wrap cooked cakes and as he was peeling off the baking paper, he tells me when he was a child, when his mum baked a cake, the kids would all argue over the who got the baking paper.

They used to eat it!

I had never heard of this before. He claims they did it for years...

4 replies
Rfisher Posted 15 Aug 2014 , 1:23am
post #2 of 5

A35+ years ago I chewed cupcake wrappers. After eating the cupcake that is. For hours. Like gum. I'm gross.

liz at sugar Posted 17 Aug 2014 , 12:45am
post #3 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rfisher 

35+ years ago I chewed cupcake wrappers. After eating the cupcake that is. For hours. Like gum. I'm gross.

I did it too. :)  We both must have been children of the 70's.  I also ate entire bottles of silver nonpareils, and I lived to tell about it.

Liz

MBalaska Posted 17 Aug 2014 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 5

Didn't eat cake paper;  However I did get a shock one day, and a fast jump over to the sink to wash my mouth out....

Snuck into the freezer and dipped my fingers into the frozen Cool Whip container.  Turns out it was poured off fat that mom had been pouring into the container to save to cooking.  Arggggggg   gross  I never did that again.

Claire138 Posted 17 Aug 2014 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

Didn't eat cake paper;  However I did get a shock one day, and a fast jump over to the sink to wash my mouth out....

Snuck into the freezer and dipped my fingers into the frozen Cool Whip container.  Turns out it was poured off fat that mom had been pouring into the container to save to cooking.  Arggggggg   gross  I never did that again.

That reminds me of my brother who once came into the kitchen and saw what he thought was a refreshing cup of lemon juice and promptly picked it up and drained half of it before realizing that it was not lemon juice but was in fact fat that had not yet congealed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%