Strawberry Cake Filling

Decorating By Cgtweety Updated 14 Aug 2014 , 6:54pm by -K8memphis

Cgtweety Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cgtweety Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 8

AHi can someone please help me. I'm making a strawberry cake filling, and it wasn't thickening so I added corn starch but i added too much and i don't like the taste of it, can someone please tell me how to fix it. Do I keep adding more strawberries? If so won't that just make it liquid as I don't want it to seep thru the cake. Please help.

Thank you[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 8

Adepending on how much cornstarch you have in there -- what about if you cooked down a second batch -- whole or partial batch and instead of adding cornstarch, just add your first batch and cook it all up --

full disclosure -- I can't remember ever doing this myself but it's a definite maybe to possibly fix your issue --

best to you

-K8memphis Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 8

Ahonestly, if this was for a paying customer, I'd re-do the whole thing

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 8

ALast case fix, before throwing it out: Over cooking cornstarch will thin it out. Worth a try.

Cgtweety Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cgtweety Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 6:33pm
post #5 of 8

AIts just a cake I'm baking for my daughter. I'll probably buy some more strawberries and redo it I was just hoping there was a way to fix it.

-K8memphis Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 6:38pm
post #6 of 8

Ahow much cs did you use into what quantity of berries, and what are the other ingredients in there?

-K8memphis Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 8

Ai mean you could add some applesauce or some beet juice that would help thin it -- do you have lemon juice in there -- that will help with the flavor-- agave, honey, even more sugar will loosen it up too

-K8memphis Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 6:54pm
post #8 of 8

Abut you still need to melt down the thick batch and maybe bring it to a boil to incorporate the new ingredient and IT MIGHT work :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%